Friday, February 27, 2009

saturday morning at the pioneer settlement

On Saturday two weeks ago , Mum , Dad and I went for a look at the Pioneer Settlement, here in Swan Hill.

In the settlement we visited an old schoolhouse which definately wouldn't have fitted my school in it. It was tiny. In the desks they had ink pot holders.

We looked at a woodwork shop where a man was making things called spurtles. They are used like a wooden spoon to make porridge and jam and for stirring things. I used my own money to buy one. The end is like a fat stick , no spoon part.
We also visited an olden theatre . The pictures were in black and white and you looked through special eyeglasses while the pictures revolved around . I found the eyeglasses hard to use constantly.
Mummy liked the printers the best, she was interested in the stamps they used to print the letters with. I think she really wanted some.
My favourite was the general store because it had lollies in there.
My Dad really enjoyed the day out but his favourite place was the old church . It had special colourful windows called stained glass windows.
We all had a good time but as it was a hot day we were ready to go home. I will load some pictures on my blog on Sunday for you to look at.

Catchya , Tommo ***

No comments:

Post a Comment